At approximately 6:52 PM on Thursday (7/21/2016), Engine 9 was toned to a report of a gas leak near the new Castle Peak Senior Center located near the intersection of Capitol and Sylvan Lake Rd. When crews arrived, they found that a 2 inch gas line had been cut by a drill from construction crews. The area was surveyed prior to the digging, but is being investigated further. The gas line rupture caused a section of Sylvan Lake Rd to be closed between Gamble St and MacDonald St. The construction site was also evacuated for safety. Crews from Black Hills gas company arrived to shut off the gas line and repair it. No injuries were reported due to this incident.